The State Board of Education is developing a new Long-Range Plan for Public Education, which will set goals for the public schools through the year 2030. Information about the project, including meeting agendas, can be found on Long-Range Plan webpage. The steering committee is scheduled to meet in Austin at 9 a.m. on Nov. 6, 2017 – American Institutes for Research, 4700 Mueller Blvd., Room 108, Austin, Texas.
Additional meetings to be held in Austin:
- Feb. 21, 2018
- April 9, 2018
- May 14, 2018
The board is also hosting community meetings around the state to gather comments from Texans.
Those meetings are scheduled for 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Nov. 2- El Paso Community College, Administration Building Auditorium, 9050 Viscount Blvd., El Paso
- Nov. 14 – Region 7 Education Service Center, Oak Room, 909 North Longview St., Kilgore
- Dec. 5 – Region 11 Education Service Center, Rooms A-D, 1451 S. Cherry Lane, White Settlement
- Dec. 6 – Dallas County Community College, El Centro West – Multi Purpose Room, 3330 N. Hampton Rd., Dallas
- Feb. 8 – Region 4 Education Service Center, 7145 West Tidwell, Houston
Additional community meetings are being scheduled.