For the latest updates on all legislative committee hearings, visit "Legislative News from Texas" frequently to confirm hearings since dates and times can and do change. Standing committee hearings held at the Capitol, live and archived, can be listened to at the following links: House | Senate.
Energy Resources – 12/12/2017
Time: 2:00 PM, Location: Midland, Texas
The Committee will meet to hear invited and public testimony on the following interim
- Evaluate the impact energy exploration and production have on state and county roads and make recommendations on how to improve road quality in areas impacted by these activities.
- Examine how state policies may facilitate investment in public infrastructure and workforce development in the Permian Basin region in order to support the anticipated growth in industry activity and related population, and capture the full economic potential of the region.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committees jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 85th Legislature.
Human Services – 12/13/2017
Time: 9:30 AM, Location: E2.030
The Committee will meet to hear public and invited testimony on the following interim charges:
- Examine the survey process for nursing facilities to determine any duplication of government regulations. Consider recommendations to reduce duplication while ensuring patient safety is preserved.
- Monitor the HHSC's implementation of Rider 219 in Article II of the General Appropriations Act related to prescription drug benefit administration in Medicaid. Analyze the role of pharmacy benefit managers in Texas Medicaid.
Urban Affairs – 12/13/2017
Time: 10:00 AM, Location: 801 Main Street, Beaumont, TX
- The Urban Affairs Committee will meet in council chambers on the first floor of Beaumont City Hall to hear invited testimony only regarding short- and long-term housing needs and related issues resulting from Hurricane Harvey and associated flooding.
Administration – 12/14/2017
Time: 10:00 AM, Location: E1.012 (Hearing Room)
- The Senate Committee on Administration will meet to review the Senate's current sexual harassment policy. Invited testimony only